handwriting

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Dec 10 03:49:58 UTC 2008

Kimberley,

I remember all of your interpretations at GALA, and I was very much impressed as that was how I first learned SignWriting, entirely by hand, and that was what I took to Brazil. I used sign shorthand during the national FENEIS conference and that really helped, I believe, to convince the Brazilian Deaf to stand behind Sign Writing and now use it all over the country.

Charles Butler

Kimberley Shaw <skifoot at gmail.com> wrote: Hello all:
I'm glad other folks are doing handwriting! I was beginning to feel
like a true anomaly for doing so much handwritten SW (mostly during my
train/bus commute) and so little on-computer SW! For one, I don't
*have* enough non-work computer time for doing SW. If I had a laptop
(which I don't), is there any such thing as being able to create typed
SW in "real time"? Such as when my ASL consultant is teaching a new
song interpretation to me?
Best,
Kim