Binary SignWriting Alpha - Open Font License and the GPL

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Jan 8 04:52:15 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
January 7, 2008

Thank you, Steve, for this contribution to SignWriting software
history...In the long run, when Binary SignWriting and the Spatial
Alphabet Font design are ready for use, I believe that it will help
spread the use of SignWriting on the internet...

The ISWA 2008 is not ready yet however. I am still working on the
actual symbols. So if you go to the data.php page and search for a
specific symbol and you do not find it, do not panic! That is only
because I haven't loaded in all the symbols yet, and I am still
working on the new Movement Symbols etc...

So in the month of January, I am trying to finish the ISWA 2008, and
Steve is working toward the Beta version of the software that will use
it...but we are shooting for February/March 2008...and that seems to
be a reachable goal.

Congrats, Steve, on getting to the Alpha stage of Binary SignWriting...

Val ;-)