Movement arrows and clarity

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 14 20:48:53 UTC 2008

I strongly agree. I just finished the ASL III course at Gallaudet University and the
Signing Naturally book is out of date, the hand pictures and arrows are impossible, and I had to redraw all of them during the class as all the country signs had changed.

  Charles Butler

Stefan Wöhrmann <stefanwoehrmann at gebaerdenschrift.de> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}                Hi Val,

  well you can bet that I had a look at the archive – smile – what a wonderfull possibility to read all the old messages listed by author or date or subject ...

  I looked at several online signpuddle dictionaries as well ... no Lisbon sign. ;-(

  Well while doing so I thought it would be a nice idea to create one document for the European countries with the signs for the country and the sign for the capital of that country. What I am interested in is to document the signs as they are used by the DEAF themselves in these places ... Would be another possibility to demonstrate the benefits and strength of SignWriting if it comes to discuss the parameters of these signs. All the drawings and photos with movement arrows are not able to describe the performance of any given sign as sharp as SW can do.

  Have a great weekend everybody

  Stefan ;-)