SPECIAL FEATURE: Adam Frost Video with SignWriting

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 24 18:35:57 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Adam's video was created for a conference that dealt with less and least
resourced languages. Adam's video was and is a great introduction
specifically to SignWriting and sign languages in general. I can and do
mention sign languages and SignWriting in all my presentations. There is
however no better introduction then Adam's eloquent introduction to the
subject.

I am REALLY pleased that his presentation is now also on the SignWriting
website. What we need are more videos like Adam's. Some may consider this
marketing this is however exactly what we need. When we are ecstatic with
the new functionality that Steve and Valerie produce, it helps a lot when
there are short videos explaining what it is that has been done and why it
is so important.. When these videos are always smaller then I think 10
minutes, they can also be uploaded to YOUTUBE.

For you who *use *SignWriting, SignWriting makes a difference. For me,
SignWriting will enable Wikipedias and, it will help people in their
education. This is a message I want to get out. You are the best at
presenting such messages. I may be able to help in getting attention for
SignWriting, and I will do my best to get your message out... What we want
is a situation where Valerie would like to clone herself because she does
not have the time to let it sink how rapidly SignWriting is adopted all over
the world... This is something we can and should make happen because
SignWriting is that relevant, and who does not love Valerie ?

Thanks,
     Gerard