Question

Fri Jun 6 16:56:06 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
June 6, 2008

Karen wrote:
> I do have a question.  Sometimes when I search for a similar sign.
> After I located it in SignPuddle and press a button for copying the
> sign.
> But often it did not load up the sign into SignMaker.  I tried to
> refresh the page but it did not work.  Is there any other way
> around?  Thanks, Karen Alkoby

Hello Karen and Everyone!

So to be sure I understand...
1. You hit the Copy Sign Button
2. Then you click on the ASL Dictionary icon, to place the copied sign
back into SignMaker, so you can change it and then add the new sign to
the ASL Dictionary...
3. But the sign never loads into the SignBox, even after you have
tried to Refresh the browser?

Are you using Firefox when creating new signs in SignPuddle?

SignPuddle software was specifically programmed for Firefox, so it is
best to use Firefox when creating new signs in SignPuddle...

For example, sometimes when I use Internet Explorer or Mac Safari (two
other web browsers), the browsers do not always load the sign as fast
into the SignBox...So I always use Firefox to create new signs and
documents in SignPuddle. I do use other browsers to just search for
signs or view signs however...

If you are already using Firefox when this happens...write again to
tell us so we can figure out what is happening...

If not, try Firefox and see what happens...

here is how to download a free version of Firefox:

Download Firefox
http://www.mozilla.com

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignPuddle
Create SignWriting Documents Online
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

3. SignBank
SignWriting Desktop Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

4. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

5. SignWriting Literature Project
Writing Literature in Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org/literature

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting