Question

Fri Jun 6 18:32:35 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
June 6, 2008

Hello Karen and Everyone!
Thank you for your question, and I am posting your answer to the
SignWriting List again, to be sure everyone can read my answer...Below
is Karen's last message that was sent to me...

1. First, Karen, I am glad you downloaded Firefox and that is
excellent. It is important to continue to use Firefox for a variety of
reasons.

2. Second, you are right. I went to the ASL Dictionary, and I logged
in...When I logged in and searched for CONGRESS I found that it is one
of the old signs that was pasted in as a graphic, years ago,  from the
old SignWriter DOS program...It has to be re-written in SignPuddle to
become a sign that you can copy, paste, and edit etc...so this is the
very reason why it is important that signs from SignWriter DOS are re-
written in SignPuddle, and not pasted as graphics...

3. Coincidentally, today I asked Steve to find all the old signs in
the ASL dictionary that are still "pasted graphics", so we can go into
the Dictionary and re-write those signs specifically, and Steve gave
us a new way to find those signs, for editors who want to help...so we
are planning to re-write all those signs in the future...right now,
the sign for Congress is not accessible because of this, although you
can find it...you just cannot copy it...

4. So...why not open a second browser, and find Congress, and while
viewing the sign in the second browser, click on SignMaker in Firefox,
and re-write the sign from the beginning, without copying it?...

That would be a great help for all of us!

Hope this helps - We hope to have all those signs re-written in the
month of June, so this problem should disappear shortly ;-)

Val ;-)