Question

Ingvild Roald iroald at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 9 09:28:50 UTC 2008

From: sutton at signwriting.org
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] Question
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 11:32:35 -0700
CC: alkobykrn7 at rcn.com

3. Coincidentally, today I asked Steve to find all the old signs in the ASL dictionary that are still "pasted graphics", so we can go into the Dictionary and re-write those signs specifically, and Steve gave us a new way to find those signs, for editors who want to help...so we are planning to re-write all those signs in the future...right now, the sign for Congress is not accessible because of this, although you can find it...you just cannot copy it...

Will this new way of finding the old signs be available to all dictionaries?

And will it also be possible to find the signs where the spelling sequence has not been entered? (I thought I had worked through all our entrances, but now and again an entry shows up with no spelling sequence)

Ingvild

On Jun 6, 2008, at 11:17 AM, Karen wrote:Thank you for the reply.  Yes you got it right and I did what you suggested.  I downloaded Firefox but I still have the same problem. When I searched for a sign – congress, it was found from a database and then I copied back into SignMaker.  It still is empty.  I have the same problem with I used the translation feature.I suspected it has to do something with congress.  You can try congress and see what would happen. Thanks in advance,Karen Alkoby