Announcing: the SignWriting Image Server beta

Tue May 6 20:16:24 UTC 2008

Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan wrote:
> I was wondering if you had SWIS did any full documents yet like Cat in
> the hat etc.
That's what I'm working on right now.  The release candidate 1for SWIS
will be able to handle document display.
> I was wondering, how is STML handling the several signs to one gloss?
Currently, I've removed glossing from STML so that it focuses
exclusively on SignText documents.  I'm trying to integrate cascading
style sheets so that it's easy to change the appearance of a document.

Some type of markup will handle glossing.  I'm going to allow multiple
glosses for each sign.  It will look something like
<sign>
<gloss>first gloss</gloss>
<gloss>second gloss</gloss>
</sign>

For a gloss to be associated with more than one sign, you'll need to
repeat the gloss for each sign.  An additional index can keep track of
which signs are associated with which glosses.  That's how SignPuddle
currently works.
> Keep up the good work!!
Thanks for the vote of confidence.  I'm really excited about SWIS.  I'll
be more excited when I have the SignText plug-in ready.

Regards,
-Steve

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help