Group 1 handshape symbol differentiation

Sun Sep 28 23:50:28 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
September 28, 2008

Hi Natasha -
Take a look at the attached diagram. This is the Front View of the
Side of the Hand. The hand is parallel to the Wall Plane in both
cases. The hand is also parallel to your chest.

SignWriting is written on planes. Sometimes we view the hand from the
Front View, because we can see it directly in front of us, or it feels
like it is directly in front of us, and other times we view it from
overhead (I will show you this next message)...

In this attached diagram, the hand is parallel to the Front Wall, and
we are seeing it from the Front View

...continued next message...