Group 1 handshape symbol differentiation

Sun Sep 28 23:23:23 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
September 28, 2008

Many thanks for the question, Natasha, and the answers, Adam and
Ingvild!

Take a look at this "cool" new web page. The animated GIFs are by Adam
Frost:

6 Palm Facings, Index Finger
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/iswa/group01/01-01-001-01.html

Of course these Index hands are pointing straight front rather than
side, but nonetheless, it gives you a feeling for the palm facing...

The break at the knuckle joint means the "overhead view" of the
handshape...just as Adam and Ingvild already explained...

I have another diagram to show you next...but take a look at the above
web page first...does it help?

Val ;-)