Contact symbol and second contact

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 12 20:11:00 UTC 2008

Very good question and one that hasn't explained much before. As we
used SignWriting more and more, it has been found that some symbols
can be done without. The touch doesn't have to be written if the touch
is clear without. So in this example both contact stars don't have to
be written; however, it is most likely that at the time of the
writting of the sign that only the contact between the hands was
thought to be clear without. Now, it should be understood that leaving
touch contacts off is considered a style of writing more that correct
or wrong. Beginning writers usually use more contacts than more avid
writers.

Adam