Mouth Patterns

Sun Sep 21 23:31:53 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
September 21, 2008

Hello Maria and Stefan!
Thanks for this message. Stefan wrote to me a few hours ago to tell me
that he is going on a field trip with his students this week, and he
will be offline for one week. He is leaving tommorow morning...they
will be at some kind of a youth hostel...sounds like fun! Have fun,
Stefan!

Yes, Maria, that is correct...Stefan's SpeechWriting can be applied to
any spoken language, and is written from left to right most of the
time, following the movement of the mouth while speaking a spoken
language, and although it has been used mostly for German so far, it
does work for other spoken languages too, and I am sure could be
developed further to encompass more spoken languages...

And although I do not know anything about statistics, I do know that
Stefan has told me that some of his students are pronouncing German
words better and some are really speaking, because of SpeechWriting...

Meanwhile, yes, SignWriting has always been used to write Mouthing and
Grammatical Mouth Movements of Sign Languages...It all depends on how
much detail we choose to write...not everyone chooses to write
Mouthing, but it can be written with SignWriting is the writer
chooses...

German.................................English

Mundbildschrift.....................Woehrmann's SpeechWriting

Mundbilder............................Mouthing

Mundgestik...........................Sign Language Grammatical Mouth
Movements

Maybe when Stefan returns he can explain more of SpeechWriting...or go
to our area for Germany and download number 9 on this web page:

SignWriting in Germany
http://www.SignWriting.org/germany

Val ;-)