ANNOUNCING: International SignWriting Alphabet 2008

MARIA AZZOPARDI maria.azzopardi at UM.EDU.MT
Mon Sep 22 00:07:21 UTC 2008

Hi Valerie,

This is so true! It is very comfortable to use (symbols are even more
well-organised now), and the more I use it, the more I discover how many
wonderful symbols have been added to it.

Before I used to make-do with some movement symbols which although were
ok, were not exact. Now suddenly they are ALL there! I'm enjoying
signwriting at the moment because I keep finding the 'exact' movement
arrows :)

Valerie, with  your 35 years of experience learning you must have had the
patience of Job! Besides ISWA 2008 - which of course is a very big
accomplishment - your perseverence is a fundamental life lesson for all of
us faced with any task, commitment etc etc :))

I'm very happy for you! :))
God bless you,

Maria

> [...]
>> just
>> become wider and bigger all over, but has the same width and just
>> increases in length! I think that's very neat :))
>>
>> Also is it my immagination, or do the heads fit easily on to one
>> another?
>> I used to struggle a little to overlap two head symbols, trying to
>> move
>> them onto each other until they become just one head symbol, but now
>> they
>> seem to fit onto each other much easily!
>>
>> Wow I'm just beginning to realise the amount of work you must have put
>> into this project!
>>
>> Thank you very much :))
>>
>> Maria
>>

>>> This is great,
>>>
>>> I loook forward to begin working with it
>>>
>>> (Too busy just now, but in a couple of weeks ...)
>>>
>>> Thank you for all your great effort,
>>>
>>> Ingvild
>>>

>>> From: sutton at signwriting.org
>>> To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
>>> Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 13:17:28 -0700
>>> Subject: [sw-l] ANNOUNCING: International SignWriting Alphabet 2008
>>>
>>> SignWriting List
>>> September 19, 2008
>>>
>>> Dear SignWriting List:
>>>
>>> Although we have much work ahead, I am happy to announce the Release
>>> Candidate 1 for the International SignWriting Alphabet (ISWA 2008).
>>> Yesterday, September 18th, we installed the ISWA 2008 into
>>> SignPuddle 1.5,
>>> without any problems. The conversion from the old IMWA to the new
>>> ISWA was
>>> automatic and flawless. THANK YOU, to Steve Slevinski, for his
>>> outstanding
>>> conversion software.
>>> (By the way, the problem that Stefan pointed out was related to
>>> something
>>> else entirely from long ago, and was not connected to the ISWA
>>> conversion
>>> process which Steve Slevinski designed.)
>>> Now that you all can use the ISWA 2008 in SignPuddle 1.5, we will
>>> have a
>>> formal review of the ISWA 2008 from September 20, 2008 through
>>> October 20,
>>> 2008.
>>> After the review, we will decide if additional changes are needed
>>> or if
>>> the ISWA 2008 is final and complete.
>>> Once the ISWA 2008 is finalized after October 20, 2008, no further
>>> changes
>>> will be made to the ISWA 2008 symbolset.
>>> In the future, there may be an ISWA 2010 or an ISWA 2012, but the
>>> ISWA
>>> 2008 symbolset will remain the same after October 20th.
>>>
>>> So please enjoy testing and using the ISWA 2008 in SignPuddle. If
>>> you have
>>> any suggestions, please tell us in the next month, here on the
>>> SignWriting
>>> List.
>>> We always look forward to hearing from you!
>>> More information is coming next message...

>>> 2. SignPuddleCreate SignWriting Documents
>>> Onlinehttp://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle
>>> 3. SignBankSignWriting Desktop Databaseshttp://www.SignBank.org
>>> 4. SignWriting ListTechnical Support: Ask questions to the List
>>> http://www.SignWriting.org/forums/swlist
>>> 5. SignWriting Literature ProjectWriting Literature in Sign