AW: AW: [sw-l] Mouth movements Bam

Mon Aug 17 15:29:04 UTC 2009

Hi Valerie,

Your explanation is perfect!

That is exactly what it means!
In fact sometimes the circles show a little gap which gives a hint - kind of
artificial support - that a new word begins!

All these spellings depend on your interest. If you would like to support
young deaf students in Germany you better write more of these circles -
smile - as you can see in many, many videos - this kind of voiceless
lip-movements are a very important aspect in DGS!

Stefan ;-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: sw-l-bounces at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:sw-l-bounces at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] Im Auftrag von Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Montag, 17. August 2009 16:50
An: SignWriting List
Betreff: Re: AW: [sw-l] Mouth movements Bam

SignWriting List
August 17, 2009

For me, I read this as a fast movement because it is a series of
facial expression symbols linked together...notice how the facial
circles are overlapping each other...I think that gives the "feeling"
that a word or sound is being written on the lips, and therefore one
would assume, that it would be fairly quick, since to make the sound
or word on the lips, it would have to be quick...so I guess the speed
is assumed...

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help