AW: AW: [sw-l] Mouth movements Bam

Gagnon et Thibeault atg at VIDEOTRON.CA
Tue Aug 18 14:57:11 UTC 2009

Hi Ingvild and everyone,

    Yes, you are right.  The sign FINALLY with "pah" mouth in no way relates to the spoken word "finally". It was created simply to convey message in ASL non manual marker or signal.

    Hand waving

    André

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ingvild Roald
  To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
  Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 10:00 AM
  Subject: RE: AW: AW: [sw-l] Mouth movements Bam

  The explanation is good - for speech reading. But this mouth/lip movement is not a word, it is a non-manual marker that something is happening very fast. So I think what I should do is like the one I have attached here, in png and jpg, (Norwegian 'word' of course not in a Sign Writing document)

  Ingvild