faces vertical or horizontal.

Fri Dec 4 16:44:25 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
December 4, 2009

Hi Cherie!
Thanks for this message, and for renaming the thread to faces vertical
or horizontal...

I think it is an interesting idea to consider that we could generally
have a guideline that states that usually mouthing of spoken languages
places the facial expression symbols horizontally, since spoken
languages are written from left to right... and facial expressions
connected with ASL grammar are written vertically...but then when you
think about it, you are right that it is really a matter of
timing...so that would not be a good guideline!

Smile...

I think we need to leave this and then see later how people write and
base any future guidelines on people's writings -

Good topic!

Val ;-)

------

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu