SignWriting Image Server final beta, now with SignText

Wed Dec 23 16:47:06 UTC 2009

Hi List,

I just completed the final beta for the SignWriting Image Server.  With
the inclusion of the new SignText, it's almost ready for release
candidate 1.

Empty SignText
http://www.signbank.org/swis/signtext.php

Hello World in SignText
http://www.signbank.org/swis/signtext.php?bsw=00801ce0f8d4f8ec8746f8eaf8fe008032eaf89ef91432e1f897f8fb5ec0f8b1f901b3b4f8a9f8e5ec20

You can also view any sign text in SignPuddle in the new SignText.
Simply open a SignPuddle entry that has a sign text and find the "New
SignText: Test" link under the columns.

In the new SignText, a single click selects the sign and displays the
SignText commands.  Another click on a selected sign opens SignMaker.

Next I'll be integrating the new SignText into the MediaWiki plugin so
we can have full texts in MediaWIki.  This will make it possible to
start on the Wikipedia or Wiktionary for ASL (and any other interested
language).

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,
-Steve

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu