Nominal vs Cardinal numbers in ASL

SignWriting signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Feb 8 23:19:07 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
February 8, 2009

Actually i don't think we ever did a book that only had ASL
numbers...we always coupled it with the Arabic number on the other
side of the same page...or just used Arabic numbers alone...

For example, if you download the Goldilocks books, you will see what i
mean...the ASL number is on one side, and the Arabic number is on the
other side of the same page...

Goldilocks
http://www.SignWriting.org/library/children/Goldilocks.html

If you liked it once, Adam, and beginning readers are downloading
these books, maybe it can't hurt to leave the books as they are? I
have to update them for other reasons anyway, but I would like to
leave the page numbers in both languages in  these books for historic
reasons if nothing more...it has brought up interesting discussions ;-)

Val ;-)

---------