Signwriting Documents - another program?

SignWriting signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Feb 24 16:07:32 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
February 24, 2009

Hello Maria!
Thank you for this message.

DocumentMaker is certainly a limited little program. Although I have
worked on a new version of the program, called DocumentMaker Pro, it
is far from flexible enough for your needs.

But I will keep this message to be sure that I talk to the
DocumentMaker programmer about this possible new feature someday that
will let you insert a column and automatically move all the other
columns forward...I am sure there will be a day when some program will
be able to do that without you being forced to move all the columns
forward one by one...Right now, I just do that busy work inside
DocumentMaker.... I manually move the columns one by one forward,
because I don't have any other choice...

As you know, in time SignPuddle will be adding book-layout features
necessary to create books too...and perhaps that will be our answer in
the future for 50 page documents that are all in one PDF...but we do
not have that feature yet in SignPuddle...

The only suggestion I can think of is to setup your own formatted
document template in Microsoft Word, or perhaps Adobe InDesign, which
I prefer over Word, and use that program, which is also a lot of work,
no matter what you choose...I have been working on textbooks right now
in Adobe InDesign and I enjoy it and InDesign is a very professional
program, but I have still had other frustrations, so I guess no
program can meet all needs...

Good luck with your document, and I will remember your request for the
future for DocumentMaker Pro...

Val ;-)