SignWriting blogs on Words and What Not in 2008

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Jan 1 17:48:50 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
January 1st, 2009

THANK YOU, Gerard, for these blogs in 2007 and 2008!

Words and what not
http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/

some blogs to search for:

Words and what not: SignWriting and hand writing
21 Dec 2008 by GerardM
When I write about SignWriting, I write about the script, how it can
be used for any sign language and about the request for a Wikipedia in
American Sign Language. The SignWriting mailing list has been focusing
mostly on the development ...
Words and what not - http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/

Words and what not: Signs and their corresponding SignWriting symbols
29 Nov 2008 by GerardM
I learned that a set of animated gifs are being created to demonstrate
what a SignWriting sign looks like together with a picture of a hand
that signs it. Sadly it seems that my blog software does support GIF
but not animated GIF. ...
Words and what not - http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/

Words and what not: Proof of concept for an ASL wikipedia.
30 Oct 2008 by GerardM
I just received the wonderful news that Steve Slevinski has created a
proof of concept for a MediaWiki that supports SignWriting. This is
great news. It means that a Wikipedia in American Sign Language is
that much closer. ...
Words and what not - http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/ - References

why signwriting
24 Jun 2008 by GerardM
adam frost created a wonderful video, this video was originally
created for the cherasco conference and has now found a home on the
signwriting website as well. adam's presents a compelling case for
being able to write in your native ...
Words and what not - http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/

Words and what not: Prosit Neu Jahr
8 hours ago by GerardM
Betawiki tools · The Betawiki end of year prize · Srećan Božić ·
A plugin for aditional support · SignWriting and hand writing · Why
bother · RNA Biology · Illiteracy · Modern technology · Google
Chrome fail · Importing Tagalog messages ...
Words and what not - http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/

Modern technology
21 Dec 2008 by GerardM
In the SignWriting world, it was this week very much about modern
technology and the availability of it. The first thing was about video
clips. Valerie found that it is possible to record video with a big
compression rate. ...
Words and what not - http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/ - References

How to say Obama
10 Nov 2008 by GerardM
just a few examples how different this can be. On the SignWriting
mailing list there is a discussion on how to sign Obama. ...
Words and what not - http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/ - References

Words and what not: SignWriting
12 May 2007 by GerardM
SignWriting is one way of expressing signed languages. There are
several ways of doing this, signwriting is the one favoured by most
people who actually write down the signed languages. There is a
request for a Wikipedia for the ...
Words and what not - http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/

Words and what not: More on scripts, fonts and SignWriting
28 May 2007 by GerardM
The SignWriting script is young, it represents a revolution in the
signing world and it has to be adopted by many signing communities. It
is different from other written representations of signing languages
because it is actually used ...
Words and what not - http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/ - References

Srećan Božić
24 Dec 2008 by GerardM
Today is Chrismas eve, for some countries Christmas has already
started. I want to wish you all a happy Christmas from my blog. Many
people on the SignWriting mailing list exchange their best seasons
wishes by e-mail. ...
Words and what not - http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/