SignWriting in UK?

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Jan 28 01:31:29 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
January 27, 2009

Hello Suzanne!
Wonderful to hear from you again...welcome to the SW List again...

I remember meeting you through the SW Symposium in 2005, thanks to
Kathleen Heylen's excellent report of the event on this web page:

SignWriting Symposium 2005
http://www.signwriting.org/europe/esws2005/

That is a big change to move to the UK!

Sandy Fleming's work is really great and I assume you found this web
page:

SignWriting in Great Britain
http://www.signwriting.org/uk/

SignWriting is not used very much in Great Britain, but I keep hoping
that will change. Maybe if you start learning BSL, you could help us
add new BSL signs to the BSL SignPuddle Online, if you have time....

BSL Dictionary
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=1&sgn=59

and...

Dutch Sign Language Dictionary
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=1&sgn=68

Ask questions anytime, if the software is new to you...it is not that
hard once you get the hang of it...

There are some people interested in learning SignWriting in the UK, if
there were teachers...

Val ;-)

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help