New Czech sign...I wrote these in the Czech SignPuddle

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Jan 28 16:19:48 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
January 28, 2009

Hello Adam, and everyone!
In many ways, I agree with you. And your writing is fascinating...The
fingers being "sat upon" is fine in that handshape, if the information
that the hand went from the tips of the finger to the wrist doesn't
matter...If we assume that people already know that sign, and they can
read it without the information of the "arc movement back towards the
wrist", then your writing is fine!

They are describing the "bulb shape of a pear". So your writing does
not give them feeling of describing the curve of the pear-shape. But
that may not matter.

If you look at the video and not just my still-photos you can see that
they are trying to make a shape of something...but in everyday writing
maybe writing that arc is not necessary...because we do not know Czech
Sign Language it is hard to say....

I totally agree that the tiny little "Surface Symbols" should not be
used if avoided and I like using the Front View of the Heel of the
Hand symbol, but the contact from the tips of the fingers to the wrist
is what is lacking in many of our attempted writings...including some
of my own...as you can see below...scroll down....

I think the diagonal writing in my example below is a possibility
too...sometimes writing something straight front is harder...

Val ;-)

---------