AW: [sw-l] SignWriting Question...from Deaf Church in Michigan

Fri Jul 3 15:08:41 UTC 2009

Hi Maria, and SW-List members,

I thought about all the multiple 12 to 24 groups-spellings.

In the fist place this is of course not a question of SignWriting since we
write what we see in the performance or what we perform in our mind ...

So we are discussing "how to sign"   the concept of multiple objects ..

four students, five, cars, 127 chicken, 236 classroomdoors ...  you would
not want to write or sign every singe ... smile

In DGS I would rather use a sign for the number followed by the sign for the
"object" - sometimes I see a variation that the "object" sign is performed
two times.

I am curious - what is the idea of the linguists on our SW-List about this?

Have a wonderful Friday

Stefan ;-)