AW: [sw-l] Happy Fourth!

MARIA AZZOPARDI maria.azzopardi at UM.EDU.MT
Sun Jul 5 21:25:53 UTC 2009

Hi Stefan and everyone,

You said: "For some reason I prefer a different spelling. (and ...)
Perhaps it depends for whom you write."

I think these are two important observations.
1) I think one reason for preferring a different spelling may simply be
getting used to using certain conventions. If I am used to the hand-rotate
arrows then this is the one I prefer and read easily - if I write start
and end hand positions, then this is what I'm used to (what has become a
convention) and so this is preferred -

again and again - I think it all boils down to how you adopt SignWriting
to make standard one's own sign language.

2) yes it does depend on whom you are writing for - there are different
users of SignWriting all over the globe and I think we have adopted
SignWriting symbols slightly differently, so the preference or
'readability' of SignWriting again comes down to 'how we use SignWriting
regularly for our languages and what patterns we adopt

Your welcome Adam for the feedback :)

Nice day/night to all
Maria

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu