DocumentMaker - pdf?

Sat Mar 28 17:34:14 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
March 28, 2009

Hello Sebastian!
Thank you for this information. It sounds like you are very computer-
skilled.

So I guess Windows does not have a "Print to PDF" feature in its
general printer drivers...too bad...

I have not forgotten Maria's request and we do hope to improve our
little DocumentMaker program which is inside SignBank...Recently I
used a newer version of DocumentMaker on the Mac to create this
document of Cat in the Hat. DocumentMaker has potential for being a
useful program, with a little more development. It is built as a
database inside FileMaker Pro. Here is the new Cat in the Hat document
created in a new version of DocumentMaker we are working on:

Cat in the Hat, March 2009 document
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs6/sw0553-Cat-In-The-Hat-ASL-Large.pdf

----------

From: "Sebastian Waschik" <sebastian.waschik at gmx.de>
Date: March 28, 2009 4:17:08 AM PDT
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] DocumentMaker - pdf?

Hello,

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 08:20:33AM -0700, Valerie Sutton wrote:
[...]
> May I ask...on Windows...in the Printer Driver that is built into
> Windows...do they have a Print to PDF feature built in, like they do
> on the Mac? If you have that general feature in Windows, you might be
> able to use that, which is what I do on the Mac a lot...which has
> nothing to do with DocumentMaker itself...

I make short search.  Maybe this helps:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

But I have not testet it and I neved have used DocumentMaker.  The last
time a created a PDF on Windows I either used Adobe Acrobat.  Or I
installed a "Apple Laser Writer" write the result in a Postscript and
used ghostscript for creating a PDF.

Greetings
Sebastian Waschik

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu