SignWriting on Bing

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 30 17:32:32 UTC 2009

Hoi,
The CLDR is the Common Locale Data Repository.. In this code you define how
you call yourself, how you write a date, how you call other languages, how
you write numbers etc.. Obviously ASL with SignWriting will need to be
included in this standard at some stage. What I do not know is if they
require Unicode ... The CLDR is after all a Unicode standard.

One problem with using the asl code in your meta data is that officially it
is the code for the Asilulu language.. so when you use this code, it will
make it harder to find text in that language.
Thanks,
      Gerard

http://cldr.unicode.org/
http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/documentation.asp?id=asl