[DEAF] Without ASL, English is IMPOSSIBLE!

Mon Oct 12 18:37:18 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
October 12, 2009

Yes, that's right, Charles. List members here have been so focused on
the List messages, that we forget that email lists are now just one of
many ways to get the word out on a topic...The SignWriting List is a
technical support list, to help teach symbols and software to
users...but it is not really reaching new people very well...because
the internet changed over the years, and became more social...they
call that Web 2.0 I believe...

Today, the world seems to be communicating with social networking,
done through social web sites, like Facebook, LinedIn, Twitter, and
Flock and so many others...and then there are the video sites like
YouTube and others...and Blogs...and they are the way people inform
new people about new things now...I am totally behind on all this...

So YouTube is a perfect vehicle for explaining and teaching
SignWriting...There are a few videos on YouTube about SignWriting
already (thanks to those who have posted!), but very few, and that has
been something on my To Do List...to start posting some of the videos
we own on YouTube...but what is even better is if other List members
were to create your own videos teaching and discussing SignWriting, in
many sign languages and many spoken languages...not just ASL, but also
DGS, and LSF and etc etc...the more the better!

Val ;-)

---------