how many hand symbols

Thu Sep 10 16:27:29 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
September 10, 2009

I just accessed the ISWA database, and clicked on the button

"All BaseSymbols"

which brought me to:

http://signbank.org/swis/data.php?subset=&bs_code=*

and scrolled through the list. Steve has given each BaseSymbol a
number, so as you scroll down you can see the number of
BaseSymbols...The last Handshape in the list is BaseSymbol 250...

So this means there are 250 Handshape BaseSymbols in the ISWA 2008...
(Contact symbols start with BaseSymbol 251 directly after hands)...