invisible person in ASL storytelling...

Wed Sep 16 22:06:02 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
September 16, 2009

Hi Jonita.

Rather than writing a second imaginary person (which has only been
"implied" on the video, but is not really there)...just write how the
signer tried to explain that imaginary person..These are complex
videos to transcribe and I admire your courage!

Write exactly what you think you see the signer do...but don't worry
about the meaning of the "imaginary person"...

Please see attached... In this writing I showed that the signer is
facing the corner, and he brushes his own tongue, and then pretends to
brush another person's tongue in "the middle of the air"...The tension
symbol helps give the feeling of the movement...