SignPuddle creating invalid bsw codes?

Alan Post alanpost at SUNFLOWERRIVER.ORG
Thu Apr 1 02:50:28 UTC 2010

As of today, I'm getting errors trying to read bsw codes generated
by SignPuddle.  Specifically, when I search for "bug" in SignPuddle,
I get one result back, with the view option pointing to the url:

http://www.signbank.org/swis/glyphogram.php?bsw=0080d3c0f9c4f9b80d70f9b2f9b96a00f9b1f9af00810d706a00d3c0

The image return by this url is not the same one displayed when
searching for the English word "bug":

http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/searchword.php?ui=1&sgn=4&sid=309&search=bug&type=any

For most images, I get an error instead.  If I search for the phrase
"SignPuddle Online", the single hit:

http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/searchword.php?ui=1&sgn=4&sid=10296&search=SignPuddle+Online&type=any

Displays the sign, but when I click the "SignText in BSW: View"
option, I get a screen full of error messages:

http://www.signbank.org/swis/columns.php?size=.7&height=400&bsw=00800119f9cef9af0111f9e8f9a5b7a4f9eff9c5b7e8f9d2f9cf6294f9f1f9f3629cf9d1f9ff70c4f9f3fa0170d4f9d3fa101df4f9eafa131dfcf9cefa24bfe0f9d5f9f500804e50f9bcf9cd4e58f9abf9ccbf22f9bbf9db86e1f9cdf9ea86f5f99ef9c6

Warning: imagecreatefromstring() [function.imagecreatefromstring]:
Empty string or invalid image in
/home/sworg3x/public_html/signbank/swis/swclasses.php  on line 66

Warning: imagesx(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource
in /home/sworg3x/public_html/signbank/swis/swclasses.php on line 67

Warning: imagesy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource
in /home/sworg3x/public_html/signbank/swis/swclasses.php on line 68

Warning: imagesx(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource
in /home/sworg3x/public_html/signbank/swis/swclasses.php on line 69

Warning: imagesy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource
in /home/sworg3x/public_html/signbank/swis/swclasses.php on line 70

Warning: imagedestroy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image
resource in /home/sworg3x/public_html/signbank/swis/swclasses.php on
line 71

[...]

I was expecting, when searching for "bug", for the analyze bsw link
to display the same image as was found on the search page.  When
searching for "SignPuddle Online" I was expecting to have the image
displayed rather than seeing PHP error messages

I'm not sure what changed, but when I plug these bsw codes into my
own copy of swis, I get the same error messages.  I surmise from
this that the bsw generated for the View link is somehow invalid,
but I'll leave the detective work up to you!

-Alan
--
te djuno lo do sevzi

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu