AW: QUESTION: writing one sign in four viewpoints

Mon Dec 13 23:52:53 UTC 2010

Hi Valerie,

thank you for this discussion.

Well - does it make sense to write a sign in a hard to read view point?

I mean - this sign is perfectly written and easy to read the expressive way.

I can read the receptive point of view - but since we agree to use the
expressive perspective - it will only cause confusion.. ;-(

The side view is the perfect option if we insist to describe diagonal
movements and hand orientations in a perfect and easy to read way.

I created a typical graphic for that - (Seitenansicht - index - hand
diagonal upward .)

I do not understand your writing of the arrows in your spelling Top down
view - I read these arrows as if the hands move inward close to the body and
outward - but the movement in expressive point of view is up and down. I
would use the double stemmed arrows.

Your side grapic is hard to read because of this mixture of top view of the
hands and side view of the head - --- hm

Ok - all in all - I would prefer to use that point of view that is to be
read without any difficulty.  So - who ever asked to show all different
point of views - say hallo -

Stefan ;-)