SWML site

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Feb 27 01:21:29 UTC 2010

I would start with the hand and its orientation, then its location and contact, then movement, then hand in orientation, chest, and contact.  The hand always comes first.

Charles

________________________________
From: Rachel Channon <rchannon at speakeasy.net>
To: SignWriting List <sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
Sent: Fri, February 26, 2010 8:17:47 PM
Subject: RE: [sw-l] SWML site

Hello - I really like the idea of setting up a "default"
SignSpellingSequence.  I wonder if it could be done on the basis of the
order in which the person puts the symbols in the  SignWriting composition
area.  So for a sign like ASL WOMAN where the hand touches the chin and then
the chest, the writer might start by putting a symbol for the face in the
area.  Then they move the hand-orientation symbol to the chin.  Then they
add a second hand symbol at chest level.  Then the default sequence for hand
location would be hand-at-chin followed by hand-at-chest.

(please forgive and correct any terminology errors here).
Rachel