DocumentMaker Pro 2010 available for download...

Tue Jul 20 03:39:50 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
July 19, 2010

Dear SW Listers and Maria!

The new DocumentMaker Pro 2010 software is available for download:

DocumentMaker Pro 2010
http://www.signbank.org/DocumentMaker/

It is for Mac OSX and Windows, and can be used with or without FileMaker Pro 11.

There are no instruction manuals yet, but I hope to write one someday, and I plan to post some sample documents to show users how to work with the software later too. I may even do a little instruction video someday, but at least the program is posted for download.

Compose your documents in SignPuddle Online as always. When you want to print your documents, one choice is to use DocumentMaker Pro.

There are seven book-layout formats already designed for you. You can drag and drop columns directly from SignPuddle into DocumentMaker, then add page numbers in sign language, and any spoken language you wish. When you have designed your book pages, you can then print to PDF or to your printer...

Maria, if you want to try the new DocumentMaker, you may find this 2010 version can make better PDFs, and once you have made a PDF document, you can open the PDF in other software, such as Acrobat, and print at a variety of sizes through the Acrobat print driver...

Later we could design a printing format for you that is specfically A5, but at the moment we do not have that specific print layout - so making the PDF at A4 size and then reducing will most likely be best -

I am happy to walk you through how to use the program step by step over the phone or on Skype -

I look forward to using DocumentMaker myself now!