Recording of Valerie Sutton's Presentation, Nov 10 2010, Tunisia

Wed Nov 10 18:02:35 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
November 10, 2010

Hello SW List, Professor Jemni and Maher Jbali in Tunisia, Stefan, Erika, Bill and Yuri!

Thank you for inviting me to speak today through Skype, Professor Jemni. It was a remarkable experience. I think the technicians did a great job to get the Skype to work.

It was hard for me to hear, because of echos and also translators were translating into French and possibly other languages. I realize now that I need a headphone set, or a better way for me to present through Skype to larger crowds of people. Because the technicians told me to speak very loudly so they could hear me, I had to strain my voice to speak loudly and get very close to the computer screen to get near the built-in microphone on the top of the computer - so if I ever present at a conference through Skype again, I will try to be prepared with better audio equipment on my end...

The Call Recorder software worked beautifully, Erika. Thank you so much for making this possible. Without Stefan's request for a recording, and your help with the software, the link below would not be possible.

Below is a download link to the recording I made of my presentation - this will show you what I heard and saw -

It is too long, I believe for YouTube, Yuri. It is over 13 minutes, and YouTube's limit is 10 minutes I believe...don't know how I would post it on YouTube because it is referring to slides in the PPT...but you can download it here with the PPT slides...

Recording of Valerie Sutton's Presentation
http://www.signwriting.org/downloads/ValerieSutton_Tunisia_SWPresentation_10Nov2010.zip

Here is a screen capture from the recording. I did it split-screen so you could see the room in Tunisia: