PocketPuddle problem resolved ;-)

Tue Nov 23 17:15:58 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
November 23, 2010

Dear SW List and PocketPuddle users -

The problem that Kelly Jo mentioned in her message below has been resolved.

Kelly Jo had used Skype, and then tried to use the PocketPuddle. There was a conflict. But it is easily resolved.

Skype and the PocketPuddle compete for the same port on your computer - port 80.

So let us imagine you had used Skype recently, or perhaps had Skype on while you were also trying to access the PocketPuddle - the PocketPuddle could not start if both need to access port 80.

There is a way to solve this - it is in the PocketPuddle Install manual on page 11-13...

Install PocketPuddle and PersonalPuddle Manual
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs6/sw0578_PocketPuddle_PersonalPuddle_Manual.pdf

Glad it helped Kelly Jo!

Val ;-)

------