AW: WG: neue email adresse

Mon Sep 13 20:26:47 UTC 2010

Hi Valerie and everyone,

well yes Val. The positive experience is that we can get along with a
googlemail account. Perhaps some day some expert will lead us the way to
change the settings in gmx.de  or hotmail.de ... free.net ... to look at the
graphics without any trouble.

I myself can view all the signmails without any problems with the "Microsoft
Outlook" Program ..

What I am interested in is to find out why the first column of the
SignWriting message is an attachment while the others show up in the email
directly??... like in your screenshot.  You find the first column as an
additional attachment!

Stefan ;-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages
[mailto:SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU] Im Auftrag von Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Montag, 13. September 2010 19:49
An: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU
Betreff: Re: WG: neue email adresse

SignWriting List
September 13, 2010

Hello Stefan and everyone!
Thank you so much for sending us some SignMail written in DGS (German Sign
Language). I am so happy to read it! And in this case, it is a simple email,
and I think I almost figured out what it said, even though I do not know
DGS...smile...

Now, regarding the fact that some email software does not show the SignMail
messages visually inside your email....that is because every software
program that reads email is different - it depends on three things:

1. possibly the computer operating system that you are using
2. the email software you are using
3. the way you setup your email inside the software

For example, I choose to use Mac OS X operating system. In the Mac operating
system, they have an email program called Apple Mail. Apple Mail shows all
the graphics and SignMail messages beautifully, directly inside the email,
without having to click on any attachment button. I love that. That is one
of the reasons why I use the Mac OS X operating system...

Inside the Apple Mail program, you can turn the visual off, if you wanted
that...Although it defaults to the visual files and PDF files being shown
fully inside the email, you can go into preferences and change that setting
if you don't want the visual - I would never do that, because I love seeing
the graphics show up immediately...

So it is possible that your students using gmx.de or web.de could possibly
have been able to go into the settings area of their email program, and
change it to accepting HTML files and MIME and other possible settings
needed to view the graphics...

I am glad they found googlemail.com...if it works for them that is all that
matters...it probably defaults to viewing graphics fully...that makes life
easy and you can suggest that to your other students maybe...

To show you what I see in the Apple Mail program, here is a screen capture
of how the SignMail looks on my computer...: