SignWriting Instruction and Reference Manuals

Wed Apr 6 04:54:32 UTC 2011

SignWriting List
April 5, 2011

Dear SignWriting List:
I was asked for a list of instruction manuals and textbooks on SignWriting. Here is the listing I put together quickly. Do you know of other instruction materials? I remember there are other books in other countries...I need to find their links...

If any of you know of other titles, please tell me so I can add them... many thanks ;-)

SIGNWRITING INSTRUCTION & REFERENCE MANUALS

1. SIGNWRITING: SIGN LANGUAGES ARE WRITTEN LANGUAGES
Part 1: SignWriting Basics by Valerie Sutton
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs6/sw0550-SignWriting-Manual-Part1-Basics.pdf

2. SIGNWRITING: SIGN LANGUAGES ARE WRITTEN LANGUAGES
Part 2: SignWriting Hand Symbols by Valerie Sutton and Adam Frost
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs7/sw0618_SignWriting_Hand_Symbols_Manual_Sutton_Frost.pdf

3. SIGNWRITING ALPHABET MANUAL, ISWA 2010
The International SignWriting Alphabet by Valerie Sutton
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs7/sw0636_SignWriting_Alphabet_Manual_2010.pdf

4. LESSONS IN SIGNWRITING TEXTBOOK by Valerie Sutton
http://www.SignWriting.org/archive/docs2/sw0116-Lessons-SignWriting.pdf

5. LESSONS IN SIGNWRITING VIDEO SERIES, Manual 1
Introduction to SignWriting, Transcript of English Voiceover for Video 1
http://www.SignWriting.org/archive/docs1/sw0009-Intro-SignWriting.pdf

6. LESSONS IN SIGNWRITING VIDEO SERIES, Manual 2
SignWriting Basics Manual, Transcript of English Voiceover for Video 2
http://www.SignWriting.org/archive/docs1/sw0010-SignWriting-Basics.pdf

7. A CROSS-LINGUISTIC GUIDE TO SIGNWRITING, A Phonetic Approach
In English, with Spanish Sign Language examples, by Steve & Dianne Parkhurst
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs7/sw0617_Cross_Linguistic_Guide_SignWriting_Parkhurst.pdf

8. SIGNOESCRITURA: Un Sistema Completo Para Escribir Y Leer Las Lenguas De Signos
In Spanish, with Spanish Sign Language examples by Steve and Dianne Parkhurst
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs5/sw0494-SignoEscritura-Parkhurst-ES-LSE.pdf

9. SIGNWRITING: A Complete System For Writing And Reading Signed Languages
by Steve and Dianne Parkhurst (English Translation of SIGNOESCRITURA Textbook from Spain)
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs5/sw0493-SWLessonsBook-Parkhurst-EngLSE.pdf

10. HANDBUCH ZUR GEBAERDENSCHRIFT (SIGNWRITING HANDBOOK)
In German, with German Sign Language examples by Stefan Wöhrmann, published by Birgit Jacobsen
http://www.suttonshop.com/ecommerce/pages/products_sw_detail.jsp?id=54.0
http://www.astrid-krueger-medizin.de/buchbe/gebaerden.htm
http://www.kestner.de/n/verlag/produkte/gschrift/gschrift-einfuehrung.htm

11. DAS GEBAERDENBUCH (GERMAN SIGN LANGUAGE BOOK) with SignWriting illustrations, Books 1 and 2
By Birgit Jacobsen, German signs written in SignWriting by Stefan Woehrmann
http://www.suttonshop.com/ecommerce/pages/products_sw_detail.jsp?id=53.0
http://www.suttonshop.com/ecommerce/pages/products_sw_detail.jsp?id=56.0

12. LIÇÕES SOBRE O SIGNWRITING
Translation of Valerie Sutton’s Lessons in SignWriting Textbook into Portuguese and Brazilian Sign Language (LIBRAS)
by Dr. Marianne Stumpf, with additional lessons in writing LIBRAS by Marianne Stumpf
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs5/sw0472-BR-Licoes-SignWriting.pdf

13. TEGNSKRIFT, Innføring i Tegnskrift
by Professor Dr. Ingvild Roald, Vestlandet Kompetansesenter, Bergen
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs4/sw0304-NO-TegnSkrift-Laerebok-06.pdf

14. KURS TEGNSKRIFT (SELF-STUDY GUIDE FOR LEARNING SIGNWRITING)
by Professor Dr. Ingvild Roald
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs6/sw0514-NO-TEGNSKRIFT-Selvinstruerende.pdf

15. LEÇONS EN SIGNWRITING 2002: lire et écrire les mouvements des langues des signes
Traduction des leçons  de SignWriting en français, by Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod, French-Switzerland
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs3/sw0221-Lecons-SW-Francais-1.pdf
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs3/sw0222-Lecons-SW-Francais-2.pdf
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs3/sw0223-Lecons-SW-Francais-3.pdf
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs3/sw0224-Lecons-SW-Francais-4.pdf
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs4/sw0301-CHfr-lecons-internet-1-15.pdf
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs4/sw0302-CHfr-lecons-internet-16-30.pdf

16. WRITING AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE GRAMMAR, Lesson 1
http://www.SignWriting.org/archive/docs1/sw0011-ASL-Grammar-01.pdf

17. WRITING AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE GRAMMAR, Lesson 2
http://www.SignWriting.org/archive/docs1/sw0012-ASL-Grammar-02.pdf

18. WRITING AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE CLASSIFIERS AT SALK INSTITUTE
http://www.SignWriting.org/archive/docs1/sw0013-Salk-Institute-SW.pdf

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacc.edu