AW: our graphics quality is excellent

Stefan Wöhrmann stefanwoehrmann at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 26 23:04:55 UTC 2011

Hi Bill,

I could open the attachment.

This is so funny – well there is a dramatic change within the symbols.
Obviously this method does not work. ;-(

Stefan

  _____

Von: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages
[mailto:SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU] Im Auftrag von Bill Reese
Gesendet: Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 20:39
An: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Betreff: Re: our graphics quality is excellent

Although ... still can't seem to post svg in the body of an email ...

Let's see if an attachment works ...

Bill

On 12/26/2011 1:32 PM, Bill Reese wrote:

Some people don't have Photoshop so I looked for a another way to work with
Stepan's PDF files.

I opened his PDF file of the column in GSview, which runs Ghostscript.  I
then chose Edit->convert to vector format->magick driver.  This driver uses
GraphicsMagick or ImageMagick to do conversions.  I have GraphicsMagick
installed on the Windows XP system I was doing this on.   When naming the
output file, I gave it an ".svg" extension, which tells the driver what
format I want to convert to.  After conversion, I opened the file in
Inkscape and deleted a couple of black boxes obscuring the images and also a
black curve in the arrow of the the fourth sign.   Then, like Stefan, I did
a little different layout, grouping into signs first, then moving the signs
around.

Bill