Last questions: Is there a SpeechWriting symbol puddle? Where? What are the languages that have been written down in SpeechWriting? Can we have access to the SpeechWriting symbols used?

Sun Feb 13 00:04:56 UTC 2011

SignWriting List
February 12, 2011

Hello Fernando and Stefan!

Today Stefan returned home from a week in Poland teaching SignWriting (Gebaerdenschrift) and SpeechWriting (Mundbildschrift) and of course other subjects too, to a school for Deaf children in Poland - and thank you, Stefan, for your wonderful report you just posted to our SW List about this - I am soo looking forward to reading every word!

Meanwhile, Professor Fernando Capovilla, from the University of Sao Paulo in Brazil, was discussing his research with me here on the SignWriting List today, and I happened to mention Stefan's work with SpeechWriting, and then Fernando got very excited and happy and wants to have permission to refer to your work in his next publication at the University of Sao Paulo, about SpeechWriting and so forth.

Stefan...Fernando asked you a bunch of questions....I cannot answer some of those questions, because they are technical, and some of them we need your permission, Stefan - and also, I am happy to create a SignPuddle just for SpeechWriting for other languages but I will need your help, Stefan, obviously - ha!

So there is much to talk about, and I need to go to an appointment here in California, and meanwhile it is 1:00 am in the morning in Germany - So Fernando and Stefan, I am going to turn my computer off for the day, but tomorrow I will do my best to help you both!

I am giving you both a very hearty THANK YOU for your enthusiasm and joy -

Val ;-)

-----