Query on Handshape

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Feb 24 15:00:16 UTC 2011

Hi Stefan,

It is in the EMA, and I am readily in touch with him. He put it in the
SignPuddle to begin with. I am going through and fixing the ones that had been
put in as compounds that are now single characters in IMWA 2010.

I refer to your chart all the time, but when handshapes are combinations of
others with extra fingers, they may or may not be in the IMWA 2010.  To search
for them in Frequency brings them up by the primary handshape but you can't find
them as a freestanding handshape alone.

So if that handshape is going to rotate, it all has to be done by hand if you
are producing it on computer.

I am editing Lessons In Sign Writing for an Ethiopian audience, so we are having
to systematically go through every handshape, and ensure we put it in the right
Group for teaching.

Charles