AW: AW: AW: SW E-Lesson 0097: Neck and Shoulders

Tue Jan 11 23:55:18 UTC 2011

Hi Valerie,

Yes, I agree - when I read a document, a single Shoulder Line means a
Shoulder, not a Hip ... to write under the Hip  or close to the Hip and to
indicate that the sign is performed pretty low , I always write the Shoulder
Line and the Hip Line ... But ( and that is the reason for my answer I allow
myself some flexible positioning of the two lines in order to feel
comfortable with the "design" of the specific sign...

What do you think of this spelling of "pocket"   Hosentasche

Stefan ;-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages
[mailto:SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU] Im Auftrag von Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 12. Januar 2011 00:26
An: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: SW E-Lesson 0097: Neck and Shoulders

SignWriting List
January 11, 2011

Yes - when I read a document, a single Shoulder Line means a Shoulder, not a
Hip, since we had that problem back in 1984 and made that rule because our
Deaf newspaper writers were mis-reading each other's writings - so when I
said "strict" I meant that is the rule we follow here... to write under the
Hip, we require both the Shoulder Line and the Hip Line to be written...

How do you write the Hips versus the Shoulders? Do you have some examples
without the Shoulder Line that you feel are read clearly?...I would be happy
to see them -

Val ;-)

-------

On Jan 11, 2011, at 3:07 PM, Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:

> Hi Val,
>
> thanks for your answer. Have to smile about your strict rule "... and must
> be written as a unit" ...
> So if for any purpose I would prefer the two lines one by one you are in
> doubt that you would not know which is to be interpreted as shoulder and
> which is supposed to be the hip? - ha - I bet you would understand -
> definitely!!!!
>
> Stefan ;-)

Hip