SW E-Lesson 0097: Neck and Shoulders

Wed Jan 12 16:10:06 UTC 2011

SignWriting List
January 11, 2011

Hello Stefan and Everyone -

Yes, of course I can read your sign for "pocket" in German Sign Language, and it is well written. And yes there is always flexibility in writing...My only point is, that if I were writing the same sign, I would use the standardized symbol that we have for Shoulder-Hip, because it standardizes the amount of space between the Shoulder Line and Hip Line. If another sign needs to write something in the Torso area, then of course you may have to use a wider space for the Torso in some signs, but in this case, for the sign for HOSENTASCHE, you could have used the standardized symbol which would have looked better I think - of course the reading of the sign is still the same ;-)

Please see attached...