Some information about SignWriting

Alan Post alanpost at SUNFLOWERRIVER.ORG
Fri Mar 4 20:26:20 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 11:10:41AM -0800, Valerie Sutton wrote:
> SignWriting List
> March 4, 2011
>
> Hello Alan!
> Great to hear from you again - Thank you for giving us the links to the SignWriting on your Lojban-language site. I am really amazed at your applying SignWriting to this language-learning experience...a "Where are your keys" (WAYK) player that creates written documentation in SignWriting - imagine that!
>
> I am trying to guess what these signs mean to you? smile...

I prepared that some time ago, and I notice a grammar error in the
Lojban, but it is no matter.

That is my translation of "Technique: Craig's List"  One of the
techniques used in playing WAYK to learn words.  It is described
in video here:

  http://wiki.whereareyourkeys.org/Craig%27s_List

The correct Lojban would be "tadji be fa lo valsi porsi" which is
translated to "Being a/the method of any/some word ordered-list" or
"Technique: ordered word list."  Which is the literal description
of the "Craig's List" technique.

That's the meaning, though I admit my description is unclear unless
you watch the video on the page I linked.  I'm sorry that this is
not possible for everyone.  :-(

-Alan
--
.i ma'a lo bradi ku penmi gi'e du