Recently approved MA Thesis on SignWriting

Mon May 9 17:06:01 UTC 2011

SignWriting List
May 9, 2011

Hello Bill -
Just want you to know that we have a group of Unicode-knowledgeable people working together on our SignWriting proposals that will be presented to the Unicode-related meetings over a period of years, and Steve and Stuart are both in the group, along with others as well - so we are all working together...The proposals have been separated into proposing the encoding of the symbols, or characters, first, (of the International SignWriting Alphabet 2010) and then once the symbols have been encoded, we will present a second proposal related to layout and symbol placement issues - so that second area is where different theories will be discussed until we can come up with a final decision for a second proposal - so we are taking this one step at at a time...

An exciting time for all of us - smile -

Val ;-)