Poland - SW course for deaf high school students

Thu Sep 29 19:27:52 UTC 2011

SignWriting List
September 29, 2011

Hello Lucy and everyone -

First, congratulations, Lucy, on your SignWriting course in Poland. I am so happy to learn about this and I am interested and happy to help...

Second, regarding SignPuddle - I am not surprised that there may be some old issues...both with writing signs with the ISWA 2010, and also new software issues...plus I never even finished the Polish User Interface - You were so kind to give me the Polish words that needed to be installed, so that you had the icons you needed in the Polish spoken language, and the job is only half done - so I feel slightly embarrassed over the messy look of the Polish icons -

So let's clean it up - we will take it one step at a time -

For me, I will find my old notes that you gave me for the Polish User Interface and focus on fixing the look of the icons and making sure Polish users understand the commands -

And I need to know two things from you....What do you mean by the Change function? - I am not sure what you mean...

And can you give us the names of a few of the signs that you want to re-write in the Polish dictionary? Then we can look them up and give you ideas as to how we would write them...

No worries - we will get it all done -

And thank you for posting to the List - Please send your students my best wishes - If I send them a SignMail in ASL signs, do you think you could print it out and share it with them? I realize they may not understand the ASL, but it would be fun nonetheless, trying to figure it out....

Val ;-)

--------