Sutton Science/Sports Writing

Sat Sep 3 18:32:30 UTC 2011

SignWriting List
September 3, 2011

Hello Alan!
Thank you for this question, and yes, this is fine place to ask about other aspects of Sutton Movement Writing. Of course, this List is specifically about SignWriting, which is one of five sections of the larger Movement Writing system, but there may be some List members interested in other aspects...

Here are some links on the web:

Sutton Movement Writing
http://www.movementwriting.org/

Sutton SportsWriting
http://www.movementwriting.org/sports

Sutton DanceWriting
http://www.dancewriting.org

Science Writing, or Gesture Analysis
http://www.movementwriting.org/science

One book that might give you more information is this old textbook:

DanceWriting for Modern & Jazz Dance
http://www.suttonshop.com/ecommerce/pages/products_dw_detail.jsp?id=33.0

which details how to write full body movement - I started some free lessons on the web but never finished them:

Full Body Writing
http://www.movementwriting.org/lessons/fullbody/

I guess for now, that is the best information I can give you, but if you want the book above, you can order it above, or on Amazon.com:

on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/DanceWriting-Modern-Jazz-Dance-Textbook/dp/091433610X

Keep us informed of your project -

Val ;-)