AW: Clown hand orientation.

Tue Sep 13 17:54:10 UTC 2011

SignWriting List
September 13, 2011

Hello Stefan, Charles, Adam, Bill and everyone -
Thank you for your messages. Please do not think that my lack of response is because I do not have answers or do not want to answer - It is not that at all. I am meeting with a nurse for my mother's care right now, and then I have five book orders and I know people are waiting patiently for me, so I must take care of my responsibilities first, and then I will enjoy the discussions...

I agree with you that Bill's writing is perfect - it is perfect for me too!! ;-)

And there is nothing wrong with the Parkhurst Rule of Thumb rule either - I like it, if it had more flexibility -

Just as long as you all understand that the DAC and I were writing differently before the Parkhurst rule was developed by others in Spain....and out of courtesy to all the Deaf adults I worked with in the USA, in the 1980s and 1990s, and out of courtesy right now, with DAC member Adam Frost, who lives with me three months out of every year... I feel their way of writing also deserves to be documented - it is unfair to discount their way of writing, when it exists and is used everyday...

So let us enjoy the conversations without emotion - we all are free to write as we wish - including the DAC - and me ;-)

So BIll, your writing is perfect, and Stefan - your question is a great one - and fun to discuss later - and Charles - the reading of the sign for CLOWN that I wrote, based on the old DAC dictionary is quite simple - I will explain later -

I have to go now, so sorry -

I hope to be online tomorrow if possible -

You are welcome to discuss this without me of course - I always enjoy reading the discussions if they are calm ones -

Val ;-)

-------