AW: Clown hand orientation.

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Sep 13 17:43:23 UTC 2011

In this case, the thumb is at the top and the hand is clearly pointing to the right, that is a 90 degree from straight up and down, so I am curious as to the answer to this as well.
If I am to rotate the hand to the upright position, then the hand that shows that position is what I am talking about. The hand needs to have one way that everyone agrees to or it is DAC-Valerie and Parkhurst-Butler as established standards, which should be documented as such.

--- On Tue, 9/13/11, Stefan Wöhrmann <stefanwoehrmann at GOOGLEMAIL.COM> wrote:

From: Stefan Wöhrmann <stefanwoehrmann at GOOGLEMAIL.COM>
Subject: AW: Clown hand orientation.
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Date: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 1:18 PM

Hi Val, Adam, Charles,
Bill ... friends of the sw-list,

It is interesting to
learn that there must be something about these thumb-hand-hand shapes that
seems to allow people to see it from different point of views.

Obviously Adam and Val
see the hand in a way that Charles and me cannot understand. How hard I try I
cannot follow your explanations.

Nevertheless I would
love to understand the way you look at it.

One way may be to offer a
symbol next to the foto –

I prepared such a
graphic.

In order to show the hand
orientation in your writing Bill – which is perfect from my point of view
(showing the   r i g h t   three fingers claw hand to the left – as if
holding a red nose of the clown)

I took this foto.

I think it is not that
much of importance for this discussion how far the hand is pointing to the
right  (20°  or 45° -- the r i g h t  hand  would show the thumb on the right
side -- ;-)))

In this case Valerie
there is no extra rule necessary – what do you think?

Stefan ;-)