Got my copy of SW 300+ pager!

Bob Gotwals gotwals at NCSSM.EDU
Tue Sep 20 17:44:27 UTC 2011

I teach in a specialized high school for nerd science and math kids.  I
taught at Gallaudet until DPN, and the faculty made it VERY
uncomfortable for hearing people (yes, even ones like me that were
near-native fluent in ASL).  I moved to teach in another specialized
high school just outside of DC, now in NC, continuing my work with
academically gifted kids.

I've also been a Braille transcriber and teacher for many MANY years,
starting when I was 7.  Still doing SOME Braille, but, like ASL, there
isn't much call for either in a geek high school like mine.

I have occasion to teach ASL on campus, mostly as an enrichment
activity.  We had a deaf kid last year, now at NTID, and I taught him
ASL so he could transition to NTID more smoothly.

Eve Carson, by the way, was the student body president at UNC-Chapel
Hill, who as abducted from her home late at night, taken out, and killed
execution-style.  Her death still haunts many of us who live in the area.

--
Robert Gotwals, Chemistry Educator