Got my copy of SW 300+ pager!

Bob Gotwals gotwals at NCSSM.EDU
Tue Sep 20 20:00:28 UTC 2011

thanks, it certainly HAS been an adventure...but not sure the whole list
wants to hear it.

My first experience with sign was with a deaf-blind girl that I had been
hired to teach Braille.  I didn't know any sign, had to learn some to
teach her Braille, ended up on the faculty at NTID and Gallaudet.  Life
bounces funny sometimes.

You don't want to ask me about DPN....while I'm pleased that the Deaf
community got the recognition it deserves, the "understory" to that
event is less appealing.  It led to Gallaudet losing or ALMOST losing
its accreditation, IMHO, and I think set the stage for the challenges
they have faced over the (recent) years.  Thank GOODNESS that Alan
Hurwitz left NTID (their loss) to take over the president's office at
Gally, otherwise it's not hard to imagine what would have happened there.